Members can purchase cover products that protect against different kinds of risk. Currently, the mutual offers a variety of cover products for crypto-native risks. The protocol does support product development for new types of cover, such as cover for real world risk and other types of crypto-native risk.
Members can choose from various crypto-native cover products:
- Protocol Cover. For crypto assets deposited in a single protocol deployed on EVM-compatible networks.
- Protection against a range of loss events caused by smart contract code bugs/errors and Sudden and Severe Economic Events, which include oracle manipulation or failure, severe liquidation failures, or governance takeovers.
- ETH Slashing Cover. For validator operators who are staking ETH.
- Protection against slashing penalties.
- Excess Cover. For crypto-native cover providers and other protection providers.
- Protection for underlying risk covered by a cover provider.
In the following pages, you can learn more about each of Nexus Mutual's cover products and the development process for new cover products.